Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Here's the house updates.

So everyone, look at me, two posts in the same day! I swear I'm going to be better at this.. maybe I'll be inspired (and by inspired I mean bored) to write a really long rambling sometime soon!

So, this is the "new" house. We've been living here since May, and we still have stuff to do. (lots and lots of stuff) but, I guess thats the way it goes when you own a house. We are loving living here, and we really like being able to add color to the walls and make it truly our home. The only rooms that aren't on the slideshow are Gavin's room, which has been very cutly painted in two tone blue, but I dont have a picture of it with his furniture in it, and well, he's asleep right now, so we'll just have to wait on the picture of it. And, I dont have any of the livingroom with things in it, but, we haven't got it painted yet, so there's really nothing exciting about a white room with stuff. So anyway, here's the rundown of what we've done:
Kitchen: built in a home for the microwave and replaced light over the table. It had a terribly ugly ceiling fan, so we found a light to match the one in the other part of the kitchen and my lovely electrician husband installed it for me.
Guest bathroom: Nick installed new floors instead of the yellowing linolium. It is now a lovely slate colored tile that matches not only the countertop, but my decorations. :)
Guest Bedroom: Walls went from a seafoam green to a much more neutral and relaxing beige. (slightly boring, but I like it.)
Master Bedroom: we painted to a two tone brown/beige. I love it!
Master Bathroom: (not pictured) it had a pink marble laminate countertop. (yes itwas as bad as you are imagining!) My dad made a trip out here and helped us tile that, so now it is a nice tumbled marble countertop. The walls have not been painted yet though, so it still looks a bit rough.
The front yard is a current work in progress. We took out the bushes, which looked like it would be a fairly easy undertaking, however we came to find that the undersides of them were rotted and molded (um, ew) as well as there were not 5 or 6 like we thought, but 18. So, we have a LOT of stumps to remove sometime in the near future. (UG)
So anyway, there's the rundown, and here are the pictures. If you have any suggestions as to what else we can do or that you see needs to be updated feel free to add. (however please note, that the place isnt the cleanest ever, so ignore the random stuff laying around!)


3 comments:

The Keast's - Bryan, Sara, Evelyn & Bella said...

I'm loving the new house and all the improvements! It looks FANATSTIC!! I can't wait until we have a house that looks that awesome! lol

Melissa said...

I think it looks GREAT Lindsay!!! You can definitely tell that you've added your touch to it! I love it!! How's October for a visit? I have a week off. Is it nice there then? We will have time to catch up on our teeny movies and target shopping!! lol

Lindsay & Nick said...

October is perfect! I would absolutly love for you to come out! They are adding on to our target right now, so it would be perfect timing for you to come and enjoy a good round of brand new big target shopping!